The Pathology Unit of Acuinuga´s Aquaculture Division works in the prevention, profilaxis, diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting aquatic species.
This is accomplished through:
- The diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases and parasitic zoonoses, toxic blooms of phytoplanktonic origin or diseases derived from poor management by means of:
- The on-site, regular collection of biological samples such as water, substrates, diets, faeces and finished product.
- Their analysis in our Laboratory through analytical assays under standardised protocols (ISO, Standard Methods, GLP, AOAC, AFNOR).
- The use of reliable software tools specifically developed for the diagnosis and therapy of aquatic animal diseases.
- The supply of disinfectants specifically designed for the aquatic environment, antimicrobial, antiparasitic and immunostimulant substances approved for the Aquaculture industry.
- The production of individually tailored hygiene-and-profilaxis plans aimed at the enhancement of water quality and the prevention of disease.
- The continuous assessment on technical improvements guaranteeing the consumer optimum animal welfare, the best cultivar quality and the highest safety standards.
Acuinuga´s Aquaculture Division main units: